Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Barielle A Bouquet for Ava (teal and copper go so well together)

Hi folks! More Barielle swatches for you today. I swear, I swear, there aren't too many more after this. I have a lot of them from sets I bought on discount at TJ Maxx a few times so....
This one is Barielle A Bouquet for Ava. 

NailaDay: Barielle A Bouquet for Ava

Is that not just a totally gorgeous teal? The formula is just perfect too. I had no problems with the two coats this took. It did stain if I recall correctly so make sure to double up on your basecoat. I had to use the old teeth whitening toothpaste trick myself. 

I wanted to see if I could transform it to a shimmery finish with some copper glitter by doing a small franken. I used a drop of Barielle End of the Rainbow with a drop of Sally Hansen CSM Copper Penny and a tiny drop of A Bouquet for Ava on a piece of foil and then applied a coat of that to each of my nails. I needed to repeat the process in order to cover all my nails. Here are pictures of the end result in various lighting situations. 

In the lightbox:
NailaDay: Barielle A Bouquet for Ava with Sally Hansen Copper Penny


In my bathroom:
NailaDay: Barielle A Bouquet for Ava with Sally Hansen Copper Penny


Outside in the bitter cold (it was January):
NailaDay: Barielle A Bouquet for Ava with Sally Hansen Copper Penny

See what I do for pretty pictures?

I really liked how the franken looked. I love love love Copper Penny in the bottle but I'm not sure how it looks on its own next to my skin. I need to use it with more colors to see what I like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think! I love, love reading comments so don't be shy! Leave comments, questions, suggestions and I will reply as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...